Super Simple Snacks: Protein Bars & Bowls
We know how difficult it can be to maintain a good diet when you are on the go, so we have made a list of some of our favourite protein snacks. These snacks are super simple to make and taste delicious. You’ll never have an excuse for heading to work with a bag of sweets and crisps after you have tried these beautiful bars and bowls.
OATMEAL PISTACHIO STRAWBERRY BREAKFAST BARS
Servings: Yields 9
Estimated Time: 30 min
We all know those days when we are rushing to get out the door in mornings. Isn’t it great then that we can just grab something like a delicious strawberry and pistachio breakfast bar on the way out? No need to worry about sitting down for breakfast as these will nourish your protein levels on the go!
- 30g Vanilla Premium Whey Protein Isolate
- 180g old fashioned oats
- 75g shelled pistachios
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 & 1/2 bananas
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 45g old fashioned oats
- 25g chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 30g cocoa nibs
- 10 fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 60ml of milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line 9 x 9 baking pan with parchment paper, lightly grease with coconut oil
- Add all ingredients into the food processor, process until completely combined and wet. This may take several minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth out with
offset spatula until evenly spread.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Combine ingredients in medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Removing pan from oven, spread topping evenly over and lightly press down into
- Bake an additional 15 minutes
Credit - recipe & photos: @ahealthylifeforme
VEGAN HOMEMADE GRANOLA BOWLS
Estimated time: 28 minutes
These granola bowls are definitely something to impress your friends with. A simple and easy recipe with a lovely outcome! Once you have these wonder bowls cooled we recommend filling them with some of your favorite ingredients to make them even tastier. Why not try them with some fresh fruit or yogurt?
- 20g Premium Whey Hemp Protein Isolate
- 135g oats
- 25g Ground Almonds / almond flour
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 chia egg ( 1 tsp ground chia seeds & 2
- 105g coconut oil melted and cooled
- 120g almond butter, melted
- 80g maple syrup
- Optional: handful of chopped nuts or seeds or raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line cupcake/muffin tin with liners
- Mix ground chia seeds and warm water to create chia egg
- Mix together dry ingredients in a medium bowl
- Mix together wet ingredients in a medium bowl
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well
- Fill each liner half full and lightly pack mixture into cup, pulling up high on the sides
- Bake 16 to 20 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely.
Credit - recipe & photos: @rachlmansfield
Chocolate & peanut butter PROTEIN BROWNIES
Servings: 9 Slices
Estimated Time: 25 mins
Let’s be honest: everyone needs a bit of sweet sticky fudge now and then right? We sure do! Especially when we can enjoy it blended with some top quality protein in the form of scrumptious brownies.
- 60g Premium Whey Protein Concentrate
- 600g mashed banana (about 6
medium, overripe bananas)
- 250g smooth peanut butter (use almond or cashew butter for paleo/low-carb)
- 30g cocoa powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a small 8x8 baking dish or 8'' skillet with parchment paper or grease well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas, peanut butter, whisk until fully combined. Stir in protein powder and cocoa powder with a wooden spoon. Pour batter into a greased pan. Bake for 12-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting. Cover the leftovers and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Enjoy cold or at room temp!
Credit - recipe & photos: @gimmiedelicious
PALEO MANGO COCONUT ALMOND PROTEIN BARS
Servings: 9-12 Bars
Total Time: 15 mins
Protein bars often taste bland and quite boring. But not this wonderfully fruity mango and coconut creation! Not only do they give you a whopping 11.6 grams of protein per bar, but they also guarantee of a tropical taste party in your mouth.
- 60g Premium Protein Whey Isolate
- 420g raw almonds
- 4-5 pieces of dried Mango (unsweetened if possible)
- 40g unsweetened coconut flakes
- 115g honey or maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- hot water (purified)
Firstgrind up your dried mango. they are usually tough so I grind them first.
- Next add in the rest of your dry ingredients and grind again.
- Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate small mixing bowl. combine your honey, 80ml of hot water, and vanilla. Stir all together and add to your dry ingredients. Be sure to add
inyour cinnamon and sea salt here too.
- Mix well with hands then press into a baking dish. Let bars cool in
fridgethen cut into squares.
- If they batter gets too thick, just add more hot water or even a little honey. If it's too wet, add more powder or a flour of choice (such as coconut or peanut flour)
- Keep refrigerated.
Credit - recipe & photos: @cottercrunch