Breakfast Patties - Sweet Potato and Turkey
Protein, carbohydrate and vegetables all rolled into one. This breakfast pattie will keep your hunger at bay whilst replenishing your muscles and energy stores after a hard training session. Incorporate flaxseed to get your dose of essential heart healthy Omega 3 fatty acids. While they are listed as a breakfast item these can be eaten anytime of the day as part of a meal or as a snack. They are quick to make and can be re-heated or had cold later in the day - or prepare them the night before to re-heat in the morning for a quick breakfast.
- 1/2 Cup steamed (or boiled) and mashed sweet potato
- 100g Turkey mince
- 1 Teaspoon paprika (or curry powder if preferred)
- 1 Tablespoon flaxseed
- 1 Teaspoon coconut oil (or a substitute to cook the patties in)
- A handful of torn spinach
- Steam or boil the sweet potato until soft, remove and mash in a bowl.
- Add the turkey mince, egg, flaxseed, spinach and paprika (or curry powder) into the bowl and mix in with the sweet potato until it is well combined.
- Make two patties from the mixture.
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan over a medium heat.
- Add the patties into the pan and cook on both sides until golden brown (approx 10mins).
- Eat by itself for breakfast or as part of a meal served with salad or steamed veg.