Chicken and Red Lentil Curry
Healthy protein rich curry.
- 300g Chicken (or quorn pieces / fillets for the veggie version)
- 1 Large aubergine cut into chunks
- 1 Green or red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 Head of brocolli shopped into pieces
- 2 Tbsp veg oil (or oil of your choice - eg coconut)
- 1-2 Tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp of your preferred medium curry paste
- 100g Red lenitls
- 450ml Vegetable stock
- Large handfull spinach
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Place the chopped aubergine and pepper into a roasting tin and drizzle with the oil, sprinkle over the chilli powder and coat well before placing into the oven to roast for 20-25mins, until golden brow.
- While the above are roasting fry the onion in a saucepan (you will be adding the rest of the ingredients later) until soft and then stir in the curry paste.
- Stir in the lentils and add the vegetable stock. Simmer the mixture for 12 minutes until the lentils are tender then add the broccoli and simmer for another 6 minutes.
- Add the roasted ingredients and the spinach into the saucepan and stir well, simmer for a few more minutes until you are happy all the flavours have combined.
- Serve on its own or with brown rice.