Choc Chip Protein Cookie
Ideal as a snack during the day or after a workout for an added protein boost in your day. Dark chocolate contains anti-oxidants, is high in fiber and loaded with minerals. Almonds (almond flour or meal) contain heart healthy fats and is high in vitamin E and minerals. Coconut oil is now classed as a superfood and contains lauric acid that is known to kill harmful pathogens (eg bacterial and viruses) and is known to help stave off hunger. All 3 ingredients are good for your heart. Add to it eggs and protein powder for your muscle building properties and oats for energy and you have one nutritionally powerful snack.
- 1 Scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/4 Cup of almond flour (you can use almond meal resulting in a less smooth cookie)
- 1/2 Cup rolled oats
- 1/4 Cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (use more or less to suit your taste)
- If you wish to add more flavour you can add a teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients (coconut oil, eggs and vanilla) in a large bowl.
- Mix the protein powder, almond flour and baking powder together in a separate bowl.
- Combine the dry ingredients slowly into the wet ingredients stirring as you gp along.
- Add the chocolate chips and oats and mix well.
- Form cookies onto a baking sheet (line with baking paper if you wish).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!