Healthy Pumpkin Spiced Muffins
A healthy muffin made mainly from pumpkin (or butternut squash) and ground almonds.
- 1.5 Cups ground almonds
- 1-2 Scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tsp nutmeg
- 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tsp vanilla essence
- 1 Teaspoon stevia
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed
- 6 Tbsp warm water
- 2-3 Tbsp peanut butter (or equivalent)
- Cut up and steam the pumpkin (approx 15mins), then mash once cooked.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Mix the flaxseed with the water in a medium bowl.
- Mix the protein powder, ground almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and stevia in a large bowl.
- Mix into the flaxseed bowl the mashed pumpkin, vanilla essence, and peanut butter until roughly combined.
- Add the wet mix to the dry mix and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Line a muffin/cake tin with cake cases and evenly distribute the mixture to create around 10-15 muffins of your preferred size.
- Bake for around 25 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy once cooled as a snack, or have two muffins as a quick breakfast.