Quick Quinoa Choc Chip Cookie
A super quick recipe utilising the ancient grain quinoa as the base - high in protein and low in fat and carbs compared to oat cookies. This recipe only takes 10 minutes prep (when using pre-cooked quinoa) and 10-15 minutes in the oven. s you can get back from the gym, prepare the mix and have a shower while it is cooking.
- 1 Scoop chocolate (or another flavour) protein powder
- 1 Cup cooked quinoa (you can buy the dry version and cook it yourself or use pre-cooked pouches which are available from most supermarkets and health food stores)
- 1/4 Cup almond butter (you can use peanut or cashew)
- 1/4 Cup agave nectar (you can use date or pure maple syrup)
- 1/4 Cup dessicated coconut
- 1/4 Cup cocoa nibs or dark choc chips (we use a bit of both for variety)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (you can reduce the cocoa powder and add more protein powder if you wish)
- Turn the oven onto 160 degrees C
- Measure the nut butter and syrup into a microwavable bowl and melt for 20 - 30 seconds so it is quite runny.
- Add all of the other ingredients and mix thoroughly so they are fully coated.
- Line a baking sheet or tray with baking paper.
- Scoop the cookie mix into fat dollops and slightly flatten.
- Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow them to cool. The cookies will firm up slightly but remain nice and chewy in the centre. They can be stores in an airtight container for up to 4 days.