Spicy Sweet Potato Chips
No frying involved and full of flavour, these healthy chips use the sweet potato - a good low GI, low calorie carbohydrate. Just 6 ingredients and 30 minutes of cooking and a healthy satisfying chip is born. Have these as a side to chicken or fish for a fulfilling healthy meal for lunch or dinner.
- 3 x 175g sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or any alternative oil)
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- Sea salt & ground black pepper (to taste)
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves, to garnish
- Use a teaspoon of curry powder to add a bit more flavour if you wish
- Place the sweet potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water (with a pinch of salt if required) and bring it to the boil. Once boiling reduce the pan to simmer for 15 - 20 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain the potatoes and leave them to cool enough to cut them into chips of your desired size or wedges.
- Mix the oil and spices together and brush over the potatoes or mix them all together in a bowl.
- Place them evenly on a non stick baking tray and grill them for approximately 5 minutes each side until they are a crisp golden brown.
- You can also add more flavor by tossing the fries once more with spice mix.