Tuna and Spring Onion Patties
Clean eating and heart healthy, these tuna patties can be eaten for breakfast, dinner or lunch. Serve with spinach or kale for a super nutrient rich meal. We all know fish contains omega fatty acids and its due the very high levels of omega-3 fatty acids in tuna that helps reduce cholesterol in the arteries and blood vessels, greatly reducing the chance of coronary heart disease. It is a great lean protein source that is also packed with B vitamins that are know to increase the efficiency of the organ systems, while also protecting the skin and increasing energy. A quick easy recipe meaning there is no excuse to miss out on your weekly fish portion recommendation.
- 1 95g Can tinned tune (ideally in water)
- 1 Tablespoon quinoa flour (or an alternative to assist binding)
- 1/2 A courgette
- 1 Tablespoon flaxseed (optional)
- 1-2 Spring onions
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon coconut oil (or a substitute for cooking the pattie)
- Grate the courgette and finely chop the spring onions.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Shape the mix into two patties.
- Heat the oil in a medium non stick pan over medium heat.
- Cook the patties on both sides until golden (approx 10 minutes).